Saturday, August 20, 2011

To My Baby Brother


Happy Birthday!









Dear Andy,

Thinking of you turning 19, I remember that I am 12 years older than you....and that makes me feel old. :) I had more baby pictures of you in my files and I think that is because you were such a cute baby I couldn't choose between all of them. That isn't to say that you aren't cute now...but just look at your little bald head and sweet smile.

I have loved watching you grow up and become such a sweet and responsible young adult and then a fun-loving college student, and now a thoughtful missionary. I've loved watching you be an uncle to my boys and your other nieces and nephews. They will miss you terribly over these next two years (and not just because you let them play Empires and watch Lord of the Rings). I'm glad that they will be old enough, though, to know about what you will be doing as a missionary, to write to you, and to hopefully learn from and follow your example.

I will miss your sensitivity, your easy laugh, your willingness to play with my boys, and reading your obscure Facebook posts. We'll look forward to letters or emails and hearing about all you are experiencing while you are away.

I love you Andy and wish you all the best in the upcoming year...I'm still finding it hard to believe that you are nineteen!

Emily

3 comments:

Katie Bell said...

Great post...although it leaves me wondering when neon shoelaces will be back in style again...

Momma McGee said...

we LOVE Andy!!! He will be a great missionary. What a sweet post. Where was the picture taken where it looks like Andy is playing in flood irrigation water?

Emily Morgan said...

That picture was in Utah at the Robertsons. :)