Sunday, December 21, 2008

STICHES!

I came home from work on Wednesday to find that Aleksi had tripped and hit his forehead on one of the kitchen chairs. Jay had bandaged it up so I didn't see the wound until that evening when we were changing the bandaged. After much deliberation after looking at it closely, we decided that we should probably take him into the Emergency Room for stiches.

Jay took him in around 8:30 and they were back by 10:30 with five stitches in Aleski's forehead. Jay said he didn't cry at all and did very well.

I can't believe one of our kids has gotten stiches already! I've been lucky enough to never have been badly injured, although Jay is another story. I guess it is inevitable with kids, but still sad to see the little guy all sewn up.

I took him in today and they cut the stitches out, so now we just need to keep ointment on it and hope it doesn't scar too badly. It is under his bangs, so even if there is a small scare, it shouldn't be visible unless he joins the army.

No comments: